Podcasts have been around since the 1980s and with 250,000 unique podcasts in more than 100 languages, according to Apple, you can probably find one that covers any topic you care to search for.
Back in 2014, Lisa Willemse encouraged Signals’ readers to tune in to The Stem Cell Podcast and I mentioned them last year when they featured George Daley on their 50th episode. But new podcast possibilities keep popping up! Whether you’re a long-time listener to the genre or you’ve stalled since Serial’s season two finale, it may be time to expand your horizons.
Here are some podcasts on regenerative medicine, biotechnology and more, in no particular order, that you might enjoy.
- McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine: http://www.regenerativemedicinetoday.com/
- The Nature Medicine Podcast: http://www.nature.com/nm/podcast/index.html
- A roundup of medical podcasts: https://player.fm/featured/medicine
- N Equals One by UC San Diego Health: https://health.ucsd.edu/news/Pages/Podcasts.aspx
- Biotechnology Focus: http://biotechnologyfocus.ca/category/podcast/
- Nature Biotechnology’s First Rounders Podcast: http://www.nature.com/nbt/podcast/index.html
- A roundup of biotech podcasts: https://player.fm/featured/biotech
- Canada 2020 (on federal politics): http://canada2020.ca/briefremarks/
- CBC (on everything): http://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcasts/
Luke Timmerman, a Forbes writer, offers this list of 10 Podcasts for the Biotech, Health & Science Crowd.
I leave you with this podcast featuring Samantha Yammine, a neuroscientist and enthusiastic science communicator, who describes her research on brain development and stem cell biology in the lab of Derek van der Kooy, University of Toronto, and talks about her “scicomm” efforts. Samantha is being interviewed by Doctor Mike and Dr. Karen Ring on the SciComm podcast. (Click on Samantha’s photo to be taken to the podcast.) What would you add to the list? Please comment below.
Our regular feature, Right Turn, appears every Friday and we invite you to submit your own blog to info(at)ccrm.ca. We encourage you to be creative and use the right (!) side of your brain. We dare you to make us laugh! Right Turn features cartoons, photos, videos and other content to amuse, educate and encourage discussion.
As always, we welcome your feedback in the comment section.
Latest posts by Stacey Johnson (see all)
- Right Turn: This is us - October 13, 2017
- Right Turn: A user’s guide to debunking health goop - October 6, 2017
- Right Turn: Immortalizing excellence in stem cell research - September 29, 2017