Understanding cell therapy regulation is an essential component of the bench to bedside pipeline. Without approval from a country’s regulator (Health Canada, FDA, EMA, PMDA, etc.), a product cannot be sold to consumers and the millions invested in research and development, manufacturing and clinical trials is media down the drain.
Cell therapies present a range of challenges for regulators and, of course, for the companies developing them. In advance of an upcoming webinar on cell therapy regulation, hosted by RegMedNet, that same group has produced an infographic on current cell therapies and points of view from the community on this theme. You can see it below.
Log in on June 27 to RegMedNet’s webinar to hear from the following experts:
- Jacqueline Barry, Chief Clinical Officer, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
- Patrick Bedford, Manager, Clinical Translation & Regulatory Affairs, CCRM
- Mark W. Sawicki, Chief Commercial Officer, Cryoport
- James L. Sherley, Director, Assymetrex
And if you’re still looking for information or answers on cell therapy regulation (or this timing isn’t convenient), here are three Canadian events, but they require you to attend in person:
- The Business of Regenerative Medicine from July 17-19 in Toronto, Ontario
- Bench to Bedside for Biotherapeutics (B3) on October 5, 2017 in Toronto, Ontario
- Cell and Gene Therapies 101 from November 8-10 in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec
If you prefer self-learning on your own schedule, blogger David Brindley has covered this topic frequently as one of Signals’ commercialization experts. Read his posts here.
Our regular feature, Right Turn, appears every Friday and we invite you to submit your own blog to info(at)ccrm.ca. We encourage you to be creative and use the right (!) side of your brain. We dare you to make us laugh! Right Turn features cartoons, photos, videos and other content to amuse, educate and encourage discussion.
As always, we welcome your feedback in the comment section.
Latest posts by Stacey Johnson (see all)
- Right Turn: Genes are this season’s hottest trend - October 20, 2017
- Right Turn: This is us - October 13, 2017
- Right Turn: A user’s guide to debunking health goop - October 6, 2017